Sunday, March 20, 2011

Póg Mo Thóin

ST. Patrick's Day 2011, N.Y.C.



The Pogues take the stage 3/17/11 N.Y.C.


Performing "Dirty Old Town"


Awesome bottle of "Old Pogue" bourbon I found on the streets of New York just after leaving the concert!


One of the best nights of my life! Despite the obvious toll time has taken on poor Shane MacGowan, he still knows how to put on a show. The crowd swayed and brayed along to every song, and a dream of mine was fulfilled. The show was called "A parting glass with The Pogues" and is supposed to be a farewell tour, but I know it isn't their first goodbye, and hopefully not their last. Marjie and I had a great time, and can hopefully do it again soon!

Enjoy the videos!

Sláinte!

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic, man! Sometimes I forget that the Pogues are alive. They just seem so timeless, like a dream or something. Even on the video I can feel the energy from Dirty Old Town.

    Great still life, too. Bullets, bones, and bourbon.

    ReplyDelete