Sunday, January 19, 2014

What's new


First let me introduce you to "Maybellene", my 100lbs Vulcan anvil!




After delivering the anvil to it's new home, I decided the workshop needed some cleaning up.
It was a bit messy.


New Iphone can take panoramic pictures!

After the big cleaning, I realized I had room for more tools, yay!

Old craftsman planer/jointer. Needs some loving, but cant beat the price (free). Oh, and it works.

Delta 10"  28-160 Bandsaw.  Same guy sold me this for $45 because he couldn't get it to work (note the lack of an on/off switch.

Works now.

Now for some random photos of the shop setup.





From top to bottom:
New Rigid Drill and bit caddy I bodged up for my loose bits
A small puck of beeswax I made for treating metal and the extra wax still in its cauldron
I put a small steel plate on my bench that I could use for banging on stuff, don't wanna mar up the bench
Bow saw storage
More saws.
I love saws and hope to have many more!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good, man. I'm looking forward to meeting maybellene. The metal plate is a good idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I had been holding onto that square of galvanized forever and finally figured out what to do with it. My next post will be about reconditioning the planer. Pretty excited about that. Although I don't have much use for it, always nice to save a good tool.

    ReplyDelete